Monday, March 24, 2008

Chicken Nugget Found In Bag Of Human Fingers

Anamosa, IA- Leonard Felix purchased a bag of human fingers after a long day at work. As he sat down to enjoy and relax, he was confronted with something that most certainly did not belong.

“I reached into the bag, and I felt something crispy, and hot. It really was a shock.” A disturbed Leonard recalled. The foreign object was a freshly cooked chicken nugget.

After taking some time to compose himself, he called the distributor of the fingers to complain.

“These things are expensive,” said Felix. “You expect a certain level of quality control.”

Mr. Felix described the conversation with the company that sold the fingers.

“I said, ‘Hey, there was a chicken nugget in my bag.’ Then he was like, ‘Alright, what lab do you work for?’ So I just got nervous and hung up”

Leonard claimed that this wasn’t the first such occurrence.

“A couple of years ago, I found a bottle cap in a bag of blood, a bottle cap! How does that even get in there?” he questioned. “If I wanted chicken nuggets, I’d go and buy chicken nuggets.”

Experts attribute these types of issues to increased outsourcing. As a result of recent economic difficulties many companies within the human body parts industry have begun working with low overhead, foreign suppliers. Studies have shown that nearly 70% of these products are being produced in third world countries, in sweatshops.

0 comments: