Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Pennsylvania: We Have Tons of Black Friends

Philadelphia, PA- Pennsylvania is defensive over the victory of Senator Hillary Clinton in the Presidential primary election. There have been no allegations, veiled or explicit, of Pennsylvanians being racist, but voters are declaring that Hillary’s victory had nothing to do with race.

“Seriously, I just thought that she was a better candidate,” proclaimed a Pennsylvania voter. “After I left the polling place, I got in my car and put on my Kanye West CD.”

The Pennsylvania primary was a pivotal election for the Democratic Party Presidential candidates; New York Senator Hillary Clinton and Illinois Senator Barack Obama. The victory for Sen. Clinton has increased hope for the possibility of the United States first female President in 2008.

“I was talking to my friend Louis, he’s black, and he said that I should vote for Hillary if I thought she was the best candidate,” explained Mike Newman, a Philadelphia polling official. “I knew he meant it, because he’s like my brother. No, I didn’t mean, ‘brother’ I mean we’re close, like brothers.”

Many Clinton supporters have suggested that a vote for Obama will make the voter “look like a racist who is just trying to cover it up”.

0 comments: